As the world-class demand for connector tools increases, the TE Connectivity AMP connector tools offer an excellent solution to the problems.
Various applications and devices, which include but are not limited to security devices, industrial machines, medical equipment, and so on which are required to perform our day-in and day-out activities, require the use of connectivity tools to function effectively. We may then begin to wonder how the devices are connected?
The TE Connectivity AMP connectors consist of an array of tools that join electrical circuits together.
One of the significant benefits of connector tools is that they make electronic products easier to manufacture and assemble.
In the market today, TE connectivity is one of the leading manufacturers of durable and excellent connectivity tools.
There are several questions about TE Connectivity connector tools. We have compiled and answered the five most frequently asked questions, which are further discussed below.
1. What is an insertion tool?
An insertion tool is an example of a TE Connectivity amp connector tool used to insert a pin or terminal into the connector housing without damaging these delicate parts. It has a unique quality of compatibility for any manufacturer to use it on various connector products.
The versatility of the insertion tool is designed with tips to help prevent damage when dropped or bent. However, extra care must still be considered to make the most of its benefits. One is by immediately keeping it back in its insertion-extraction tool kit after usage.
2. What is an insertion extraction tool kit?
The TE connectivity insertion extraction tools contain connector construction templates, which are perfect solutions for various popular connector brands.
Furthermore, the insertion extraction tool kits come in the standard form or are customized according to the customers’ tastes.
These hand tools can be used with a particular or series of connectors. They present as the safest way to remove or insert pins and contacts from a connector without damaging these parts. A factor resulting from these are two of its general features. First is the plastic handle, which makes it comfortable to use. The second is the retractable protective cover which protects the user and tool from damage.
3. How to use the wire insertion tool?
When inserting a wire into a terminal using the insertion tool for pins and connectors, the greatest care must be used to not harm the terminal or the housing.
The wire insertion tool is simple and does not require any specific training or expertise.
When utilizing the wire insertion tool, one must perform the following steps:
- With the right hand, softly and firmly grip the wire with the tip of the insertion instrument.
- The left-hand grips the housing tightly.
- The port terminal, where the wire must be inserted, is located inside the housing to avoid a faulty connection that could result in a fire.
- The wire is then gently placed onto the terminal using the tool.
- A moderate tug is conducted to ensure that the wire is secured firmly in the housing and will not be removed when pulled after
- A characteristic click is heard, indicating that the wire has entered the terminal successfully.
- To avoid damaging the terminal, the insertion tool is gently removed from the housing.
And that’s how you use a wire insertion tool!
Remember that after using a tool, you must put it back to the tool kit to ensure that it lasts as long as possible.
It is pertinent to know that there are different insertion tools, and it is left to the operator’s discretion to choose the appropriate one for the connector.
4. How do you use a wire connector extraction tool kit?
The TE Connectivity extraction tool is also very easy to use and does not require high expertise.
Furthermore, extra care should also be taken when using the extraction tool to not damage the terminal or wire.
Any situation may arise which would warrant the need to remove a wire terminal. The process is paramount, so read through the elaboration below to gain adequate knowledge.
- Every TE AMP connector is slightly different, so select the most appropriate removal tool that fits accordingly.
- Remove the fastening piece from the top of the connector, which serves to protect it from damage.
- Before any terminal removal, ensure to memorize the port of the respective wires, especially if there are more than one, to avoid accidental switching.
- Gently insert the tip of the TE extraction tool down to the sides of the connector.
- Along the terminal wire are retaining pins, which help keep it firm once it is inside the connector.
- The extraction tool depresses the retaining pins, the click sound is heard, and the wire is pulled out of the connector plug.
- Ensure you return the extraction tool to the tool kit after use.
One has to be careful when using the insertion extraction tool kit because the tip of the tool can injure the finger during the process of removing or inserting a terminal or wire.
5.What are the functions of the insertion TE Connectivity extraction tool?
The pin insertion extraction tool is used to place or remove a wire connector or pin within a housing or connector.
They are professional tools typically made specific to a range of connectors, For the effective and efficient removal or insertion of terminals and wires.
In addition, they also allow wire terminal removal in case it gets damaged or short-circuited and have them transferred from one port to another.
TE CONNECTIVITY AMP Connectors Distributors
When shopping for various connector tools, the TE Connectivity AMP connector tools are the best on the market and will provide quality and value.
They are a family of tools designed to effectively and efficiently work with connectors. In our company, BD Electronics, we deliver quality TE AMP connector tools worldwide.