This position is ideal for an Accounting or Finance student who wishes to gain hands-on experience in the accounting activities within an organisation. The role comes with a lot of responsibility and covers a range of aspects. The role will help develop your skills further and give a feel for what life is like in the accounting department.
- Preparing, as well as assisting with, monthly management report analysis.
- Assisting with Bookkeeping and administrative requirements and procedures.
- Analysing account information.
- Preparing salaries for the employees.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analysing accounting options.
- Summarise current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Support in the review of month-end financial statements including any unusual gross profit levels and notifying supervisor of any unusual items.
- Studying for/in possession of Accounting or Finance related degree.
- Previous practical Accounting and/or Auditing experience is considered an asset, but not a necessity.
- Good level of English.
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to complete tasks in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Ability to work on your own initiative where necessary