The successful candidate will join a small team of developers who focus on improving the websites and services available both internally and externally in the organisation. This includes a number of current websites and potential future projects. Projects work closely with the marketing department to ensure we provide a quality service to our clients, and also closely with other departments to implement feature requests. The role will help develop your skills further and give a feel for what life is like with real web applications.
- Developing company websites, including researching and developing strategies for SEO optimisation, UI, and other features.
- Updating and editing online content.
- Creating effective AdWords campaigns and email campaigns in conjunction with the Advertising Department.
- Managing digital marketing plans that will increase web traffic and customer engagement.
- Updating and maintaining company blogs.
- Assisting the IT Manager with the delivery of all aspects of ongoing IT development.
- Providing IT support to internal staff.
- An ongoing or completed ICT related degree (EQF level 6 or higher).
- Knowledge of SEO and how SEO improvements can boost our web traffic.
- Experience administrating Joomla, WordPress or other CMS solutions.
- Some understanding of Java, AJAX, and PHP would be considered an asset.
- An understanding of SQL Databases would be considered an asset.
- A willingness to persevere when a problem cannot be solved.
- An ability to work on your own initiative where necessary, as well as in a team.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Photoshop is an advantage.
- An aptitude for communicating effectively with non-technical staff to determine internal IT issues.