The successful candidate will join a small team of developers who focus on improving the systems and services available both internally and externally in the organisation. This includes systems we use on a daily basis as well as specific projects which improve the overall working of the business. The role will help develop your skills further and give a feel for what life is like in real software applications.
- Developing software to automate the company’s procedures.
- Creating and extending functionality for business tools such as the staff portal, CRM, mail server, and PBX.
- Procuring, processing, and querying large amounts of company data.
- Identifying and repairing flaws in existing company software.
- Ensuring that all developed software is well-documented.
- Assisting the IT Manager with the delivery of all aspects of ongoing IT development.
- Providing IT support to internal staff.
- An ongoing or completed ICT-related degree (EQF Level 6 or higher).
- Advanced knowledge of Java and MySQL.
- A willingness to persevere when a problem cannot be solved.
- An ability to work on your own initiative where necessary, as well as in a team.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Photoshop is an advantage.
- An aptitude for communicating effectively with non-technical staff to determine internal IT issues.